May 2020 Name That Festival Contest Now Open!
A lot of festivals are held in my small fictional town of Whispering Pines, Texas and I need some inspiration for festival names. So each month for the next three months, I’m going to hold a Name That Festival Contest to christen a festival to be featured in my new young adult paranormal cozy mystery series, The Witches of Whispering Pines. (Depending on how well this goes, I may extend it past three months.)
This first deadline is May 31st!
I’m looking for a fun, whimsical name for a festival at the end of summer break, just before school begins.
A Witchy Surprise is the first book in the series and is the one the festival will be featured in. Here’s the cover. I might be a tad biased, but I think it’s adorable! 🙂 It was designed by Bridgette O’Hare of Dark Unicorn Designs.
I’d love to know your thoughts about the cover and/or the excerpt. You can leave a comment below. I hope you love it as much as I do. 🙂 I’m having so much fun writing this book!
Contest Winner will receive:
*$5 Amazon Gift Card – so the winner will receive something immediately.
*Recognition in the Acknowledgment Section of the book in which the winning festival name appears.
*Signed print copy of either the first book in the Witches of Whispering Pines series OR the book in which the winning festival name appears – winner’s choice.
Contest Rules (subject to change each month):
- Must be a member of Rhonda’s Readers Facebook Group where the contest is held.
- Must submit your suggestion in the designated comment thread (see “How to Enter” below) by deadline May 31st, 11:59 pm CST.
- Suggestion MUST BE ORIGINAL. Do NOT use the festival name from another author or a real-life festival/event.
- May’s Theme is “END OF SUMMER” – it’s for the first book in the series which is set at the end of summer break just before school begins. It does not have to have “End of Summer” in the festival name.
- I will choose the name that best suits my story and the festival mentioned in the book.
- Winner will be announced no later than June 4th.
- If there are no entries OR I decide not to use any of the festival names suggested (as it needs to fit within the story and series), the contest is null and void. However, I will draw a name at random from the entries submitted and the winner will receive a $5 gift card from Amazon.
- You may enter as many suggestions as you like.
- Facebook is not responsible in any way for this contest.
How to Enter:
- If you’re not already a member of my Facebook group, click on the “Enter Now” button below and request to join Rhonda’s Readers. You MUST answer the questions before your request will be accepted. (If you’re already a member, just click on the button to go to the group.)
- In the left sidebar, you’ll find “Announcements”. Click on that and look for the green contest image above. Add your suggestion(s) in the comment section of that post.
If you haven’t signed up for my email list, I’d love it if you did so. My subscribers are among the first to find out about new releases, sales, contests, and other events and will receive occasional freebies. I only send out about one email per month and I will never sell or share your information. You’ll also receive a FREE copy of Jenny’s Story for subscribing. AND, A Witchy Mistake will be sent to my subscribers as soon as it’s completed. The novella will only be available to email subscribers for now. Don’t miss out! Subscribe today!
Thanks for reading!